So the other day I was in Forever 21, feeling the beginnings of a stroke as I was surrounded by sequins in a sea of different colors, bumping into racks crammed with clothes along to the soothing beat of Skrillex and crying babies. I sought comfort in the back of the store, where I saw a mirage of simple, tailored pieces of clothing and silky blouses.
Turns out, I wasn’t imagining things. Forever 21 has launched a new Essentials Collection and I’m obsessed. Think DVF-ish dresses, prim blouses, luscious sweaters and cropped pants that even Jackie O would love (okay..maybe just kind of like but you get the point.) You can check the stuff out in person, or online on forever21.com and click on “collections.” Here are a few of my faves (links within pictures)
DVF would be proud. Lose the black belt and go with a neon or patent pastel to pump it up a notch.
Someone at JCREW is really mad that Forever21 copied their Blythe Blouse and is selling it for less than $30.
Cute and cozy.
I picked this blouse up for myself in Forever 21. I love it! Feels very luxe.
Looking for a tuxedo blazer that won’t break the bank? Try this one.
Reminds me of the JCREW Downtown Fielding Jacket.
If I lived somewhere that got really cold, I’d be all over this preppy jacket.
Reminds me of an Equipment Blouse. But costs as much as the tax on an Equipment Blouse.
- thankfulforsunshine likes this
- jenniferaross likes this
- thestoryofstacey likes this
- tinsely likes this
- itslikek likes this
- accidentalextrovert likes this
- awaywegotoraleigh said: Crying laughing at your description of being in a Forever 21 store. Absolutely perfect.
- thecooknook likes this
- awaywegotoraleigh likes this
- champagnetoasts likes this
- whiskeybentandhellbound likes this
- almosthalfway likes this
- jaclynday likes this
- inmyopinion likes this
- excellenceasahabit likes this
- emilybarton likes this
- missdolores likes this
- thebaucompair reblogged this from excellenceasahabit and added:
- thebaucompair said: favorite post alert! I also have a physical reaction to F21 and avoid it entirely but I like ALL OF THESE THINGS. That top dress, in particular. I feel like with enough mental prep beforehand, I might be able to go in the store for this—Skrillex be damned.
- thebaucompair likes this
- landofthepine said: someone named Samantha just went cray on the Forever 21 site.
- newlywedbalance likes this
- mbinboston likes this
- emmagrose said: wow, you just killed my bank account. Thank you so much! This stuff is so cute!
- seanna-na likes this
- stickyheel5 said: I’m not ashamed to say I put my earbuds in and listen to my own music when I go into F21. I can’t put up with that music + the sparkly floors. Too much.
- allidoiswatchthesky likes this
- yungsunshine likes this
- oh-onelovelyday likes this
- justcallmeemilyv said: aaaaaaaaaahahaha perfect gif use.
- justcallmeemilyv likes this
- excellenceasahabit posted this